This is the very first time that I write a blog for Touch18 & am definitely very excited.
As a professional Model, Actor & Anchor for many years, I definitely know that our industry is very demanding. Everyone expects you to look Fit, Fab & Pretty all the time even with the most hectic schedules. A Kg here & there or a skin that doesn’t shine & glow is something that would not go unnoticed.
Hence, after all these years , I know one thing for sure, that there is no shortcut or a crash diet that’ll ever work out. So, I chose to make fitness my Lifestyle. Amongst my friends and family, I am known as a Fitness Freak, and why not. I have learnt that fitness is not a fad, it has to become a habit for us to be able to look good and feel good. Yes, its my feel good factor, so much so that on the days I don’t work out, I feel I have missed something.
So, always remember, what you eat does not only impact your body, it has an effect on your skin, your mind & your personality. We must stop looking for shortcuts & make some small changes in our diet & lifestyle routine to live a healthier life.
Here’s what you gain when you eat right.
1. Looking pretty: Yep. Eating the right foods, and giving your body what it needs without excess sugar and carbs will make you pretty! (well, prettier…you’re already pretty pretty). If you feed your body what it needs daily, it will be able to build itself properly. You’ve probably noticed those people. They have a glow about them. A vitality that sets them apart from the crowd.
Healthy eating is good for your teeth, skin, hair, eyes… all the things that make you look good. It may take a little time, but you’ll reap huge rewards. I am a living example, if you need one 🙂
2. Feeling Great: When you are well nourished, your body feels more energetic & happy. You feel more active all day long and from my experience, you also feel more positive and better equipped to handle day to day challenges. It just does something to you, eating right.
3. Weight management: Most of us struggle with weight management and I am no exception. However, its not just because of my profession that I need to maintain a healthy weight, at a personal level as well, I think its important to have a well-proportioned body.
4. Checks against diseases: Well someone has rightly said, 70% of your body is made in the kitchen, not in the gym. So no matter how much you work out, if your diet isn’t right, you won’t feel the difference. I guess you already know how much our modern diet contributes to lifestyle diseases. My mantra – Eat well to live a long, happy life.
Few changes in eating habits can take you a long way. Here’s some that I follow every single day, well almost 🙂
1. The first thing that you eat in the day affects your skin & system the most, so start your day with a bowl of fruits such as banana, apple, strawberry, plums etc.
2. Eat small meals & eat every 2-3 hours. Avoid binge snacking and opt for salads, veggies, curd when hunger strikes.
3. Avoid sugar in tea or coffee. And contrary to what most people believe, a teaspoon of honey contains more calories than a tsp. of sugar. I would also not recommended using artificial sweeteners. Try to get your sugar from more natural sources like fruits.
4. Drink plenty of water. I carry a bottle wherever I go. It has multiple benefits – flushes out toxins, keeps my skin looking healthy, keeps the digestive system in good shape and is a handy zero calorie replacement for tempting artificial drinks.
5. Try to exercise at least 5 times a week. Walking & jogging is the best form to keep yourself fit.
Don’t wait. Now is the best time to get fit and healthy. And believe me it shows, not just in the way you look, but in your personality, and your disposition.
As you love yourself, you start loving things around you even more. And don’f forget, Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.